Thursday, April 29, 2010

Setup of Visual Studio 2010

So today, I am installing Visual Studio 2010 Professional. The installer runs smoothly, but requires a reboot as it installs updates to the .NET Framework and so on. I have already installed the most recent version of the Windows SDK (although it crapped out with an unidentified 'Fatal Error', everything seems to be in place), and I will be installing the DirectX February 2010 SDK shortly. I've got my SVN repository setup already, and I'm planning on getting to work as soon as I get everything else installed… the VS2010 installer is definitely not fast (perhaps they should use an install images similar to what they use for Windows now – I'm pretty sure that Windows 7 installs faster (minus the updates, of course)).

No comments:

Post a Comment